Saturday, October 9, 2010

its been too long...

hello everyone, everyone? anyone? since its been so long i hope there is still at least someone who reads my blog.
Well life is so good at the moment, i passed my exams and i can finally bake and decorate again, since these activities have been put on hold for ummm about 6 MONTHS.
So to get everyone up to speed here are a few cakes Jenny, Gen and I have made. Oh i forgot to mention in the time when i was away i started a business with Jenny and Gen, called "I heart cake"
So here is what we have done so far...



















Just a note about this cake, its an engagement cake for 2 keen snowboarders and Jenny and I had never made figurines that stand before so it was a challenge! I think they turned out well, go team!

So as soon as the exams finished, my life changed for the better, i went to the snow, the hunter valley for s spa retreat, saw friends again, went shopping, saw movies etc etc
I finally got to do the things that make me happy. I was in such a bubble of exam land, i remember thinking where are all these people going, shouldn't they be studying? oh wait not everyone is studying!
Anyways enough exam talk... more cake talk!

We have 3 cakes coming up which are amazing! An engagement cake for a great friend's sister, Jenny's son Jasper's christening cake and the mighty 4 tiered wedding cake in november with a cascade of sugar roses! I'm actually scared of this cake and i really hope i can do it justice, since the client is an old school friend.

Anyways I will be back soon, since there are so many challenges that face me... croquembouche tower, snow egg and macaroon tower, all this before the 2nd of december when i go to europe!
See you all soon (really soon i hope) xoxo

1 comment: